Monday, November 8, 2010

Cliff's Life Verse

In the years since my Dad died, Joe Miller, Cliff's older brother, I had occasional correspondance with Cliff.  Sometimes cards, and short letters.  Also, notes on his life.  On several occasions with great emphasis, the would proclaim his Life Verse, Prov 3:5-6:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  It was important to him, and me. 
 
Best wishes to you. 
-Craig Miller

2 comments:

  1. He wrote that on every card, book or letter he ever sent me, and it's become my life verse as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, Scott Fearing, of the National Symphony wrote the following when I posted this on Facebook:

    What a great, godly legacy!
    I like the New King James translation for this verse:

    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths."

    ReplyDelete